LAKE WORTH BEACH, Fla., Oct.15, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – (Oct. 15, 2021) – The Palm Beaches, Fla. Is an art lover’s paradise. Home to a wide variety of artistic adventures – especially world-class art and history museums – the destination offers experiences for visitors of all ages. The Palm Beach County Cultural Council is happy to share some exciting new exhibits taking place in the cultural capital of FloridaÂ® this fall and winter.
Whether you like to admire stunning works of art or explore local history, the museums below offer enriching cultural experiences that will make any trip to Palm Beaches a memorable one. For more museums and upcoming events, visit palmbeachculture.com/events.
- Boca Raton Art Museum (Boca Raton): From October 16, 2021 to March 6, 2022, embark on a journey through time and discover a culture that flourished in a mythical world. Explore the exhibition as a world premiere, “Machu Picchu and the Golden Empires of Peru â. This brand new immersive museum experience will transport you to the jewel of the only cradle of civilization in the southern hemisphere, the Inca city of Machu Picchu. Additional details and tickets are available here.
- Cornell Art Museum (Delray Beach): From 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. Thursday to Sunday, the “Guardians of cultureThe exhibition celebrates artists, designers, collectors, curators, performers and organizations who actively transmit and preserve shared traditions. General admission is $ 15. Additional information can be found here.
- Flagler Museum (Palm Beach): Until November 21, 2021, listen to live musical performances this fall as you take a self-guided tour of Whitehall, the glamorous golden-era mansion of oil and railroad magnate Henry M. Flagler . History Organ and piano demonstrations can be enjoyed on Sunday at 3:30 p.m. Further details can be found here.
- Jupiter Inlet Lighthouse and Museum (Jupiter): Step back in time at the Jupiter Inlet Lighthouse and Museum through interactive exhibits showcasing the lives of Native Americans, early settlers, lighthouse keepers and more. On October 20, 2021, the lighthouse and the museum will host a Sunset Lighthouse Tour 6:15 p.m. to 7:15 p.m. Take in spectacular views of the sparkling Atlantic Ocean from the top of the lighthouse for just $ 25. Tickets can be purchased here.
- Norton Art Museum (West Palm Beach): From October 23, 2021 to February 6, 2022, discover the first large-scale exhibition dedicated to Mexican modernism. The “Jacques and Natasha Gelman Collection” presents more than 150 works and is the largest group of works by Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera to ever exhibit at the Norton. Details of the addition can be found here.
About the Palm Beach County Cultural Council
The Palm Beach County Cultural Council is the official arts and culture support agency in Palm Beaches, the cultural capital of FloridaÂ®. Based in the historic Robert M. Montgomery, Jr. building in downtown Lake Worth Beach, the Council presents exhibits and performances featuring artists who live or work in Palm Beach County. The building also serves as a VISIT FLORIDA certified tourist information center, a useful resource for visitors. The Council’s free cultural concierge program provides visitors with expert recommendations, free advice, and enhanced access to local events, talent and venues.